What astronauts do next after space
FT recruitment editor Carola Hoyos finds out how astronauts survive retirement after one of the world’s most challenging jobs. She talks to former Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield and a test pilot in Sweden, and finds their experiences after space vary widely.
Filmed by Steve Ager. Produced by Josh de la Mare. Skype video produced by Christopher Booker. Sweden filming produced by Seb Morton-Clark. Thanks to: Science Museum, Canadian Space Agency, and Evan and Chris Hadfield. Video archive and stills courtesy of Alan Bean, Nasa, Saab, Reuters and Getty.
- Alitalia plunged into chaos as workers reject rescue deal
- Whirlpool cuts profit guidance over European integration challenges
- Germany’s Fresenius agrees to buy Akorn for $4.3bn plus debt
- Express Scripts tumbles after it says it will likely lose Anthem business
- Fox News executives named in new lawsuit