1 Who or what are the Man in Black, the Lady in Red, the Men in Black and the Thin White Duke?
2 Which band was led by an interrogatory squiggle?
3 Which heavy metal singer is an expert swordsman, a published novelist and a trained pilot who can fly commercial aircraft?
4 Which extravagant star promises “not to make a ballyhoo” of his ground-breaking marriage later this month?
5 Match the lyrics to the girl groups (pictured below).
i) “I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly”
ii) “Don’t cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me”
iii) “I’m your Venus”
Send your answers to email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday December 21. Answers will appear when the Arts Quiz returns on Saturday January 7 2006.
LAST WEEK’S ANSWERS
(Click here for last week’s quiz)
1 Mark Rylance
2 “Happy Days” by Samuel Beckett. Original French version: “Oh les beaux jours”
3 “Waters of the Moon” by NC Hunter
4 “Blithe Spirit”, by Noël Coward
5 Lee Evans, “Endgame” and “The Producers”, with Michael Gambon and Nathan Lane
WINNER: Edward Telesford, Hove, East Sussex
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions incorporate all instructions of how to enter and details of the prize printed above. By entering this Promotion you agree to the terms and conditions stated herein and acknowledge that failure to comply with them may result in disqualification. No purchase necessary.
2. This Promotion is only available to residents of the UK who are over 18, excluding directors and employees of FT, Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine (UK) Limited, their associated companies, agencies and immediate family.
3. Only one entry per person. Multiple or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
4. The winner of the Prize will be the first name drawn at random from the valid entries received with all five questions correctly answered. The winner will be contacted by Allied Domecq and required to confirm acceptance of the Prize. If the Prize is declined, or unclaimed or if the Prize-winner cannot reasonably be contacted from the details supplied, a supplementary winner may be drawn at FT’s discretion and will be notified by Allied Domecq. The original entry that was drawn will then be forfeited. The winner may be required to complete and return a form by fax to confirm their eligibility (eg proof of age and/or proof of residency).
5. Winner’s name will be available after Thursday for each week of the Promotion upon receipt of a SAE to: Promotions, The Financial Times Ltd, Number One Southwark Bridge, London SE1 9HL.
6. By entering the Promotion, you agree to take part in any publicity relating to the Promotion if you are invited to do so and without further compensation.
7. No cash equivalent is available and the Prize is non-transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this offer as required by circumstances or to substitute the Prize being offered with equal or greater value.
8. The result of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Allied Domecq and FT and their agents and subcontractors cannot accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed in submission. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
10. To the fullest extent that may be excluded by the law FT and Allied Domecq accept no responsibility for or liability arising from participants taking part in the Promotion. FT gives no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize.
11. This Prize Draw shall be governed by English Law. By entering the Prize Draw and insofar as permitted by law, participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.