● Northern Trust has hired Bo Kratz as managing director for asset management in Asia-Pacific. Mr Kratz used to run Permal’s Asia business. Former Butterfield Fulcrum managing director Edwin Parker has joined Northern Trust’s alternatives business development team.
● Principal Global Investors has rehired two former employees. Mohammed Zaidi will manage global emerging market equities and act as head of emerging Asia strategies, based in Singapore. Alan Wang will be based in Hong Kong, where he will manage Hong Kong and China equities.
● Schroders has appointed a new chief financial officer, Richard Keers, currently a partner at PwC.
● As part of a drive to broaden its investor base, Insparo Asset Management has hired Glenda Levin as head of marketing. Ms Levin joins from Pioneer Alternative Investments where she was head of equity strategy for funds of funds.
● Robert Ryan from Morgan Stanley Investment Management has joined Neuberger Berman as managing director, official institutions.
● Liontrust is planning to set up a global credit division in January 2013, to be led by Michael Mabbut, currently a consulting partner at Thames River Capital.
● Michel Péretié has joined RiverRock European Capital Partners as partner and joint chief executive. Mr Péretié was CEO of corporate and investment banking at Société Générale until January this year.
● Russell Investments has added two people to its fixed income team. Adam Smears from Old Mutual Global Investors will become head of fixed income research and Kevin Dockrell of Towers Watson joins as an analyst.
● Vanguard Asset Management is hiring Carole Costello, who joins as head of consultant relations and Kerry Drew as consultant relations director.
● Cordea Savills has appointed Reynold Chan as business development director Asia.