Juncker’s balancing act
Jean-Claude Juncker has won a vote of approval as president of the European Commission. Quentin Peel considers how the former president of Luxembourg achieved a record share of the vote and how mediating skills will be essential to his success.
Filmed by Josh de la Mare. Video: Reuters. Produced by Josh de la Mare and Seb Morton-Clark.
- Japan’s Abe pulled into scandal over cut-price land deal
- Brussels calls for common stand against takeover of Polish court
- North Korea breaks silence on Kim Jong Nam killing
- Chinese province’s GDP fall hints at extent of past exaggeration
- US interest rates could rise next month, Earth’s new sister solar system and why Warren Buffett needs to change his investment recipe