A tale of two Volvos
European manufacturers are tentatively emerging from the financial and eurozone crises. Yet some groups are faring better than others. To accompany a new FT series 'Europe: Make or break?' Nordic correspondent Richard Milne compares the fortunes of truckmaker Volvo Group with carmaker Volvo Cars, and considers what their diverging fortunes reveal about the strengths and weaknesses of European manufacturers.
Produced by Richard Milne. Filmed by Marc Taylor. Edited by Seb Morton-Clark.
- The parallel worlds of a twin-track US foreign policy
- EU warns Italy over record debt levels; Germany wins reprieve over surplus
- UK loses mantle as world’s fastest-growing advanced economy in 2016 – analysts react
- Brexit casts doubt over rating agencies’ future in London
- EU gatekeeper toughens test for new proposals