● Pimco has launched the GIS Global Multi-Alpha Fund. The fund’s strategy expresses Pimco’s complete views across all asset classes and risk factors globally within a Ucits III vehicle. GMA is managed by a team led by co-chief investment officer
Mohamed El-Erian and including Vineer Bhansali, head of the portfolio management analytics group, and Curtis Mewbourne, a generalist portfolio manager.
● Resonant Music I, a new fund from Bramdean Asset Management, is completing its first investments. With the help of Cutting Edge Music Holdings as industry consultant, the fund will acquire the publishing rights to original scores featured in independently produced feature films and TV series.
● Pictet is exploiting its thematic fund range to bring the Global Megatrends fund to market. Using its funds based on themes around water, timber, clean energy, security, biotech, digital communications, generics and premium brands, Pictet has created a fund equally weighted across all eight sub-funds.
● Manager of managers SEI is bringing its sharia compliant funds to the South African market. The Islamic US Equities Fund, Islamic European Equities Fund, Islamic Emerging Markets Equities Fund and Pacific Basin Equities Fund were all launched in Europe last year and are now available to retail and institutional investors in South Africa.
● Bucking the trend for hedge funds, GAM has announced the launch of a global equity long/short fund, GAM Ecletic. The fund will target absolute returns with low correlation to equity markets and low volatility. The manager,
Mark Hawtin, will focus
on stocks and themes
that are well positioned to benefit from major
change and/or innovation, as well as exploiting mis-pricing.
● BlueBay Asset Management has launched a high income loan fund in response to investor demand. The fund, which will invest largely in leveraged loans, will also have the flexibility to shift asset allocation and use credit derivatives.
Get alerts on Fund management when a new story is published