Listen to this article
This is an experimental feature. Give us your feedback. Thank you for your feedback.
What do you think?
Endace, which provides network traffic monitoring technology, has appointed Stephen Gleave vice-president of worldwide marketing.
Mr Gleave, who will be based in Washington DC, moves from SS8 Networks, a company that specialises in lawful interception and surveillance systems.
He has worked in the US and the UK for much of his career, for companies such as Network Equipment Technologies, Ubiquity Software, Jetstream Communications and Premisys.
● Red Hat has promoted Mark E Cook to vice-president of finance. Mr Cook joined the company as treasurer in November 2004. Before Red Hat, Mr Cook served as director of finance at Cluett American Corporation.
Paul Argiry steps into Mr Cook’s old role as VP and treasurer. Mr Argiry once worked in the audit division at Price Waterhouse Coopers.
Both men report to executive VP and chief finance officer, Charlie Peters.
● Security company Fortinet has appointed Ken Goldman as CFO. Mr Goldman served as chief financial officer of Siebel Systems until the close of Oracle Corporation’s acquisition in January 2006.
Before that, he held CFO positions at Excite@Home, Sybase, Cypress Semiconductor and VLSI Technology.
Mr Goldman earned his master’s degree in business administration from Harvard Business School in 1974.
He is a former president of The Financial Executive Institute, and was a member of the Financial Accounting Standards Board Advisory Council.
● Marc-Olivier Couderchet is to head business development for PS’Soft, a software-licence compliance firm.
Mr Couderchet, who was born in Austria and is a graduate of the Institut Supérieur de Commerce in Paris, has also worked for HP France and Altiris. His new position will be in Germany.
● Jan Lawford has left RSA to work at Bell Micro, the IT reseller, to work as its European commercial director.
Ms Lawford has spent the past seven years at RSA, the security arm of outsourcing firm EMC.
Prior to that, she spent 12 years with IT distributor CHS, running UK sales and marketing.
Outside office hours, Ms Lawford is a fundraiser for the Bobby Moore Bowel Cancer Charity and is a keen runner. She has three daughters and says she was once a competitive sky diver.
● Fujitsu Indonesia has appointed Michimasa Mochizuki as corporate VP and head of Asia Pacific operations.
Mr Mochizuki, 55, joined the company in 1975 immediately after graduation from Kyoto University.
He will look after business in 11 countries excluding Japan and China.
Based at headquarters in Tokyo, he reports to Hiroaki Kurokawa, the president of Fujitsu Limited.
● Clearwell Systems has made Anup Singh CFO of the company.
Roy Albert also moves to the California-based company to be vice president of engineering.
Mr Singh was CFO at Warranty Corporation of America (WACA), a company that sells service plans to communications and retail businesses.
He joined WACA from Trimble Navigation Limited,
but has also worked for Excite@Home, 3Com Corporation and Ernst &
Mr Albert worked at iPass, where he led engineering and product development through the company’s IPO. Before that, he served as VP of engineering for General Magic and spent 11 years at Centigram Communications.