Doyenne of the YBAs. Voted Tory in 2010, said the party was the only hope for the arts
● Make poetry and needlework compulsory in schools from infant age.
● Unemployed graduates to teach in schools after hours and to work with community and youth groups. For example, a music graduate could give music lessons or an art graduate could teach art. Instead of receiving unemployment benefits they can get slightly more than they would if they signed on. Alternatively, they can use the extra money to pay back tuition fees.
● The prime minister to make surprise visits to NHS hospitals and eat the food that the patients have to eat.
● School pupils should be told how much plumbers, electricians, carpenters and seamstresses earn, so they know that by doing an apprenticeship subject they can be in a high-earning category, lead a good lifestyle and be their own boss.
● School teachers should be held in higher esteem within society and should be paid considerably more.