Listen to this article
As if investors didn’t already have enough on their plates with an extended speech from President Donald Trump due to start at 10:00 Hong Kong time, there’s a slew of major economic data announcements hitting on Wednesday morning.
In Asia Pacific equities, Futures markets tip Sydney’s S&P/ASX 200 to open down 0.1 per cent, while Tokyo’s Topix index is set to open up 0.1 per cent and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index is expected to start the day 0.2 per cent higher.
Corporate earnings reports out today include Metro Pacific Investments, Bumrungrad Hospital and Bank Danamon.
The economic calendar for Wednesday hopes you’re ready for a heaping helping of PMIs (all times Hong Kong):
- 07.50: Japan capital spending
- 08.00: South Korea imports, exports, trade balance
- 08.30: Australia Q4 GDP
- 08.30: Japan Nikkei manufacturing PMI (final)
- 08.30: Indonesia Nikkei manufacturing PMI
- 08.30: Taiwan Nikkei manufacturing PMI
- 08.30: Vietnam Nikkei manufacturing PMI
- 08.30: Philippines manufacturing PMI
- 08.30: Thailand manufacturing PMI
- 08.30: Malaysia manufacturing PMI
- 09.00: China manufacturing and non-manufacturing PMIs
- 09.45: China Caixin manufacturing PMI
- 11.30: Thailand consumer price inflation
- 13.00: India Nikkei manufacturing PMI
- Indonesia consumer price inflation and Macau casino gambling revenues are also expected out today.