Listen to this article
The Financial Times welcomes entries for the FT 1000: High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific, a list of the region’s most dynamic businesses to be published in February 2018. Innovative and rapidly-expanding companies are the driving force behind Asia-Pacific economies in the 21st century; they generate jobs and sustain the region’s competitiveness.
This is the first time that the FT, in partnership with Statista, the data provider, is seeking to identify the 1,000 companies from Asia-Pacific with the strongest growth between 2013 and 2016. It follows the first FT 1000 report, based on European companies, published in April.
Companies will be featured in an online ranking in February 2018 and a special report in a weekday edition of the FT newspaper and on FT.com in March 2018. Potential candidates will be contacted by Statista or can put their name forward at this website.
Why should my company participate?
New business opportunities: Inclusion in the FT 1000 is a highly visible public acknowledgment of your company’s performance that extends far beyond your industry and country. It will generate attention for your business among potential partners, customers and investors around the world.
Employer branding: Corporate growth usually generates demand for new employees. Being featured in the high-profile FT 1000 ranking will increase awareness of you as an employer with potential.
Effective media coverage: The ranking will be covered in a special report, a supplement within a weekday edition of the FT newspaper and on FT.com. While the full ranking will be published online, FT reporters will focus on particularly interesting companies, sectors and trends in the print and online stories.
Reputation: All companies that make it into the list may use the award logo for marketing purposes¹.
Access to more than 1m facts: All applicants that provide data on their sales will receive a free two-week Statista corporate subscription trial — irrespective of whether they end up among the top 1,000 companies.
¹The use of the FT 1000 label and the seal requires payment of a licence fee.
Who is eligible?
In order to be included in the ranking your company must meet the following criteria:
- Revenue of at least $100,000 generated in 2013².
- Revenue of at least $1m generated in 2016²
- Be independent (the applying company is not a subsidiary or branch office of another company).
- Be headquartered in one of 11 countries³.
- The revenue growth between 2013 and 2016 was primarily organic (ie internally produced rather than through acquisition).
- Have not experienced share price irregularities in the past 12 months.⁴
²Currency value equivalent as of December 31 2013 and December 31 2016.
³Eligible to participate are all companies from these countries: Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
⁴The FT and Statista will discuss if companies shall be excluded that are listed and have experienced share price irregularities in the past 12 months. For example, companies may be excluded if their share price drops 25 per cent over that period.
How do I register?
- Online registration: Please register with Statista by November 15 2017. Alternatively, you can download the form and send it to FT1000-Asia-Pacific@statista.com upon completion.
- Verification of revenue information: Your revenue data need to be verified. Please use this form for this purpose. The form must be signed by a managing director or a member of your executive committee (CEO or CFO). It must then be sent to Statista by email, fax, or mail by November 30 2017.
Alternatively you can download the two forms as PDF documents:
Should you have any additional questions or need to contact us for any reason, please email FT1000-Asia-Pacific@statista.com.