Listen to this article
● Washington Women’s Foundation Members commit to $2,300 a year for at least five years, or a total of $11,500. The handbook Something Ventured: An Innovative Model in Philanthropy, can be ordered at www.wawom ensfoundation.org.
● The New York Women’s Foundation has four giving circles: Committee for the Future; Circle of Sisters for Social Change; New Philanthropists (suggest $35 minimum); Trailblazers ($1,000) (www.nywf.org).
● Tiffany Circle Society of Women Leaders Members must contribute $10,000 annually to the American Red Cross (www.redcross. org/more/tiffany).
● United Way’s National Women’s Leadership Council Women are asked to make a gift at the leadership level ($1,000) or Tocqueville level ($10,000) to their local United Way (http://national. unitedway.org/about/wlc.cfm).
● More information on giving circles: www.giving forum.org/givingcircles
Get alerts on Markets when a new story is published