Free week highlights on FT.com
We’ll send you a myFT Daily Digest email rounding up the latest Richard Branson news every morning.
Catch up on our selection of FT.com’s exclusive subscription content, made free to readers last week. Highlights included a Q&A with Sir Richard Branson and news picks from distinguished guests from the US corporate world.
Highlights of Free week
• News views Four distinguished guests from the US corporate world shared their news selections with readers as they joined us on FT.com’s newsdesk for one day each.
Billionaire financier Wilbur Ross, who last year sold his steel interests to Mittal Steel for $4.5bn, kicked-off the week on Monday, March 6. On Wednesday, March 8, John Castellani, president of the Business Roundtable, was in the guest’s chair.
Bear Stearns’ chief executive James Cayne took the hot seat on Thursday, March 9. David Shedlarz, vice-chairman of Pfizer, the world’s largest pharmaceutical company, wrapped up the week by picking his top stories of the day.
Each businessman’s diary of their day on FT.com gives revealing insight into how they read and interpret the news:
• Q&As On Wednesday, March 8, Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson took part in a live debate on entrepreneurship and the unorthodox approach his has taken to building a business empire. He also fielded questions on the future of mobile TV, which he is betting on to be the next ‘big thing’. Click here to read Sir Richard’s answers.
• Artscast Tune in to our latest podcast – a cultural guide to the weekend and beyond. Featuring six of the FT’s regular arts critics, it is an essential and entertaining guide to film, theatre, music, arts, books and dance. Go to www.ft.com/podcast
• Lex podcasts: Lex notes downloaded to your MP3 player or on to your computer sreen. Click here
• UK Budget Our coverage of the Budget began on Wednesday, March 8, with the latest news and analysis in the run-up to chancellor Gordon Brown’s 10th budget speech on March 22. Access our guide to the key themes, predictions from the Big Four accountancy firms and wishlists from business and political groups. On the day we’ll report live on the speech, offering analysis from FT commentators and provide a calculator to work out the impact on your finances. Go to www.ft.com/budget
• Italian election Ahead of Italian national elections on April 9-10 FT.com offers the latest campaign news plus a look at the key election themes, profiles of the key players and a guide to the country’s voting system. Go to www.ft.com/italy2006
Get alerts on Richard Branson when a new story is published