All the answers here are linked in some way. Once you’ve spotted the link, any you didn’t know the first time around should become easier.
- What was the original name of the Mountbatten family (as in Lord Louis, pictured above, with one of his granddaughters and daughters) before it was changed during the first world war because it was too German?
- What was Harold Pinter’s first full-length play, featuring the menacing strangers Goldberg and McCann?
- What’s the last word of the much-loved children’s book The Very Hungry Caterpillar?
- Which Scottish city is home to Britain’s only V&A museum outside London?
- On a traditional London Monopoly board, what’s the only property with the definite article in its name?
- What was Jeanette Winterson’s first novel?
- In 1963, Sussex were the first winners of which competition — the first one-day cricket tournament for first-class teams?
- What’s the only band to have had a top 10 hit in the 1970s, the 1980s and the 1990s with the same song — “You Sexy Thing”?
- The romantic comedies Pillow Talk, Lover Come Back and Send Me No Flowers starred Doris Day — and which male actor?
- Which soldier in the Dad’s Army platoon — who appeared in 76 of the 80 episodes, but rarely spoke — was played by Colin Bean?
Click here for the answers
Get alerts on Life & Arts when a new story is published