Listen to this article
European market will inherit a slightly patchy lead from Asian market on the final day of February and as investors hunker down ahead of President Donald Trump’s address to US Congress later today.
France is front and centre for economy watchers today, with inflation, consumer spending and GDP all due.
In Asia today, Japan’s Topix was up 0.4 per cent while Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 closed 0.2 per cent lower. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was off 0.2 per cent and China’s Shanghai Composite gained 0.2 per cent.
Futures tip London’s FTSE 100 to rise 0.2 per cent at the open, while the S&P 500 is expected to open flat.
Companies due to deliver results today include: Taylor Wimpey, Interserve, St James’ Place, Virgin Money and Jazz Pharma.
- 07.45: France CPI
- 07.45: France consumer spending
- 07.45: France GDP
- 08.00: Switzerland KOF leading indicator
- 08.00: Austria 4Q GDP
- 08.00: Turkey tourist arrivals
- 08.30: Sweden GDP
- 08.30: Sweden retail sales
- 09.15: Charlotte Hogg appointment hearing
- 10.00: Italy CPI
- 13.00: Hungary interest rate decision