Erdogan polarises Turkey
Financial Times columnist David Gardner says Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan faces little challenge to his power despite new waves of anger triggered by his handling of the mining accident in Soma which killed 301 workers.
Produced by Josh de la Mare. Video footage: Reuters. Stills: Getty and Reuters.
- Japan’s Abe pulled into scandal over cut-price land deal
- Brussels calls for common stand against takeover of Polish court
- North Korea breaks silence on Kim Jong Nam killing
- Chinese province’s GDP fall hints at extent of past exaggeration
- US interest rates could rise next month, Earth’s new sister solar system and why Warren Buffett needs to change his investment recipe