Listen to this article
Welcome to the FT Business school newsletter, a weekly serving of management wisdom, reading recommendations and business-related challenges. FT subscribers can sign up here to receive the newsletter by email every Monday. If you have feedback about FT Business school, please email email@example.com.
You can view current and previous editions of the newsletter online.
A message to our readers
The Business school newsletter will be taking a break in August. We will be back on Monday, September 3.
In the meantime, thank you for reading our newsletter and have a great summer.
How to Lead
Here is a round-up of recent features from FT Work and Careers.
- After two decades of liberalisation, regulators in China are closing down foreign partnerships.
- What are the six things women must pretend they cannot do?
- Corporate reception areas used to be designed to intimidate visitors. Now you may find pinball machines and work spaces.
- In these uncertain times, kindness among colleagues matters now more than ever.
- Find out why Insead business school in France has suspended its MBA welcome week.
- From subjects on courage to moral leadership, academics and students choose the best books to kick-start your business school journey.
Andrew Hill and Jonathan Moules are away
Every week a business school professor or academic recommends useful FT articles.
Edgar Whitley, associate professor (reader) in information systems at the London School of Economics Department of Management selects:
UK creates new ‘settled status’ for EU citizens after Brexit The UK Home Office has provided details about how EU citizens and their families can obtain ‘settled status’ in the UK, meaning that post-Brexit they will be able to stay in the country. Evidence of the new settled status will be given to EU citizens in digital form only, with no physical document,
The process relies on digital technologies and illustrates, for future business leaders, the challenges that any digital innovation faces, such as the following:
- How to ensure that the process is accessible to users – in this case the service will be supported by an app which may not work on all smartphones.
- How to maintain data accuracy.
Ask the academics
Got a question for leading business school experts? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will publish the best replies in future newsletters.
Test your knowledge
How good is your grasp of the news? Test your reading of last week's top stories with the FirstFT quiz.
Edited by Wai Kwen Chan — email@example.com
Get alerts on Business school when a new story is published