Listen to this article
The Financial Times won the main international newspaper awards at the annual prizegiving of the Society of Publishers in Asia on Thursday night.
FT writers took the the top awards for:
• Business reporting, for coverage of the bid for Unocal by China’s CNOOC;
• For scoops, again for the Unocal/CNOOC bid;
• For opinion writing, for articles on free speech in Asia;
• For environmental reporting, for coverage of China’s river pollution disaster in Harbin;
• And for newspaper design.
The FT was highly commended in the explanatory reporting category for its coverage of the revaluation of the renminbi.
Get alerts on World when a new story is published