What advice would you give your older self?
We’ll send you a myFT Daily Digest email rounding up the latest FT Weekend podcast news every morning.
Robert Shrimsley has written a satirical column for the FT for years, and this week we talk through one where he gives advice to his older self. As it turns out, forecasting who you might become is an exercise in recognising who you are now – and coming to terms with your genuine interests and limitations. Then Lilah speaks with Alice Lascelles, the FT’s drinks contributor, about the rise of non-alcoholic beverages. Turns out, making a cocktail that’s non-alcoholic and good is the ultimate challenge for bartenders.
Want to say hi? We love hearing from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re on Twitter @ftweekendpod, and Lilah is on Instagram and Twitter @lilahrap.
– Robert is the FT’s UK chief political commentator and UK editor-at-large. He has two columns, one on UK politics and one in the FT Weekend Magazine
– Robert’s ‘Advice to my older self’ column: https://on.ft.com/41GYoy2
– Another column by Robert: ‘What’s with all the farmer’s markets?’: https://on.ft.com/3IgOIU8
– One more column by Robert: ‘Humanity has built AI in its own image, heaven help us’: https://on.ft.com/41QmfLW
– Alice’s column on the World Alcohol Free awards: https://on.ft.com/3IgsGAX
–Robert is on Twitter at @robertshrimsley. Alice is on Instagram and Twitter @alicelascelles.
Special offers for Weekend listeners, from 50% off a digital subscription to a $1/£1/€1 trial are here: http://ft.com/weekendpodcast.
Original music by Metaphor Music. Mixing and sound design by Breen Turner and Sam Giovinco.
Read a transcript of this episode on FT.com