● Artemis is bringing out the Strategic Assets Fund, its first fund launch in four years. The Ucits structured vehicle will offer a multi-asset mix of equities, bonds, commodities and currencies in long and short positions, as well as cash. It aims to beat cash and the FTSE All-Share index over a three-year cycle and will be managed by William Littlewood.
● Crédit Agricole Asset Management is rolling out the CAAM Funds Equity Statistical Arbitrage, a long-short equity statistical arbitrage sub-fund. The Ucits III compliant fund aims to outperform the Euro OverNight Index Average, the overnight reference rate for Euro deposits, by more than 4 per cent a year.
● First State Investments has unveiled a Global Emerging Markets Sustainability Fund. It aims to capitalise on the growth in sustainable business practices in emerging market nations and is measured against the MSCI Emerging Markets Free Index.
● HSBC Global Asset Management is to launch the GIF Global Bond Market Neutral Fund, aimed at institutional investors, this month. It invests in the 11 largest OECD government bond markets and corresponding currencies, with exposure to different asset classes mainly through derivatives. The fund aims to outperform the money markets over the medium to long term.
● Quantum Group and Nucleus Euro-Advisers are bringing out a fund investing in the European insurance sector. The Nucleus Assurance Fund 1 will primarily invest in bonds, convertible bonds and notes, issued by small and mid-cap insurers and reinsurers, brokers and underwriters.
● City of London Investment Management is planning to launch an emerging Asia, ex-Japan fund in July. The Asia Value & Growth fund, a Dublin listed open ended investment company, will form a new sub fund of The World Markets Umbrella Fund.
Get alerts on Fund management when a new story is published