● GLG Partners, part of Man Group, has launched the GLG Undervalued Assets fund, which will invest mainly in UK equities. It will be managed by Henry Dixon, who ran the FP Matterley Undervalued Assets fund since launch in 2008.
● Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management is offering a smart-beta equity portfolio built on risk factors such as value, quality and momentum in the DB Platinum IV Equity Risk Premia fund.
● Rogge and Heitman, two affiliates of Old Mutual Asset Management, are bringing together their expertise in fixed income and property, respectively, in a Short Duration Global Real Estate Bond fund, the first of its kind.
● Finisterre Capital has gathered $55m of seed capital for a new Ucits emerging market debt fund, an unconstrained long/short vehicle investing across sovereigns, corporates and other debt securities.
● Muzinich, the credit specialist, has launched an emerging market short-duration corporate bond fund managed by Warren Hyland and Christina Bastin.
● Lazard is now offering a Ucits version of the Global Hexagon long/short equity strategy that it has been running since June 2010 under the leadership of Jean-Daniel Malan.
● Universal-Investment, the Luxembourg-based platform managers, has its first manager for Japanese equities. Daiwa SB Investments, a joint venture between Sumitomo Mitsui Financial and Daiwa Securities, is offering the DSBI Japan Equity Fundamental Active fund, which combines value and growth strategies.
● Hedge Invest has brought out the HI Sibilla Macro fund, which aims to provide totally decorrelated returns from the main asset classes. It will be managed by Lorenzo Di Mattia, founder of Sibilla Capital.
● Harrington Cooper has been appointed by Credit Suisse to manage the UK distribution of a Ucits-compliant Master Limited Partnership (MLP) index fund, which invests in the US energy infrastructure sector.
Get alerts on Fund management when a new story is published