Listen to this article
The Financial Times has launched a new audio show to join our suite of podcasts. FT News Briefing is a short daily rundown of the top global stories you need to know for the day ahead. This show is available as a news briefing for your smart speaker (“Alexa, what’s the news?”), as well as a daily podcast that you can listen to on the go.
Here’s how to listen:
On Google Assistant
Just say, “OK Google, play the news from the Financial Times” or “OK Google, play the FT News Briefing”.
To make this show your default news source, do the following:
- Open your Google Assistant;
- Say “Listen to the news”;
- Under the show that plays, tap “News settings”;
- Tap “Add news sources”;
- Find and tick FT News Briefing under the Business News section;
- Tap “Change order” and drag FT News Briefing to the top.
Then you can ask your Google Assistant, “OK Google, listen to the news.”
On Amazon Echo
To hear our show, it must be enabled as your flash briefing by doing the following:
- Open your Amazon Alexa app;
- Tap “Settings” or “Customize Alexa”;
- Tap “Flash briefing”;
- Tap “Add content”;
- Search “FT News” and enable the briefing.
Then you can ask your Amazon Echo device, “Alexa, give me my flash briefing” or “Alexa, what’s the news?”
On Apple’s Siri
To hear our show, just say, “Siri, play me the FT News Briefing” and the most recent episode will play.
You can also say, “Siri, show me podcasts by the Financial Times” to see our entire podcast offering.
You can find more details on how to listen to FT podcasts and what podcasts we offer here.
Get alerts on FT Podcast when a new story is published