● Cheyne Capital, the alternative asset manager, has hired Chris Goekjian as partner and chief investment officer and acquired Altedge Capital (UK), his fund of funds business. Cheyne plans to integrate Altedge into its business over the next six months, subject to legal and regulatory approval.
As former chief executive of Credit Suisse First Boston’s derivatives subsidiary, Mr Goekjian was fined, along with other senior management, by the Financial Services Authority in 2003 for having failed to detect and prevent attempts by the bank to mislead Japanese tax authorities.
● Vanguard continues to build its retail team at its newly set up UK offices, naming Nick Blake as head of retail sales. He joins after a four-year stint as sales chief at Standard Life Platforms.
● The World Gold Council has hired Jason Toussaint as managing director of Exchange Traded Gold, its initiative to develop the gold exchange traded fund and exchange traded commodity market. He joins from Northern Trust Global Investments.
● Mike Batchelor, former wealth management chief at Kleinwort Benson, has joined Vestra Wealth as a partner. Joe Davies, Matthew Guy and Paul Rihal also move from Kleinwort to join the advisory team, while Matthew Osobase moves from Close Brothers, and Chris Stothard and Duncan Wilson join from Brewin Dolphin.
● Gareth Fielding has moved from Rothschild, where he was chief macroeconomic strategist, to Zurich-based Quantum Global Wealth Management, becoming chief investment officer and head of asset allocation.
● BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking has taken on Stefano Blotto as an institutional relationship manager to strengthen its coverage of European institutional accounts. He joins from Merrill Lynch.
● HSBC Private Bank‘s global South Asian diaspora team has recruited Samrat Banerjee, from Société Générale Private Banking, as head of relationship management, private bank north India to build its franchise in the region.
Get alerts on Fund management when a new story is published