Rebel defeats do not end Syrian stalemate
The FT's Middle East correspondent Michael Peel reports from the destroyed city of Qusair, Syria, which has been reclaimed by the Syrian regime. The city served as a key supply line for the rebels and, despite the military's victory, reports of sectarian violence make the prospect for reconciliation even more complicated.
Produced by Michael Peel. Edited by Christopher Booker. Additional footage by Reuters.
- Why the Trump address is not a State of the Union speech
- Mergers: a make-or-break moment
- Biggest US security budget increase in a decade, the university degree that runs Britain, and our cosmic junkyard
- Blow to UK plans for Brexit talks, Malaysia murder twist and Russia’s elite cyberwarriors
- Greece bailout: what is expected from the latest talks?