● Aberdeen Asset Management has launched the Strategic Bond fund, a UK-domiciled vehicle. The fund will take a long-term approach, investing in global sub-investment grade debt and debt-related securities issued by companies, governments and supranational institutions.
● Henderson Global Investors is planning to roll out an industrial income fund with Centurion Properties, with the aim of raising £100m before its first close this autumn. The fund will focus on multi-let industrial assets providing short to medium-term income, targeting a net distribution yield of 6.5 per cent a year and an 8.5 per cent internal return rate on invested capital over the five-year life of the fund.
● Insight Investment is adding to its Bonds Plus fund range with Insight Bonds Plus 400. The absolute return bond for institutional investors aims to achieve a cash plus 4 per cent return (gross of fees and expenses).
● Swiss & Global Asset Management has unveiled the JB Emerging Markets Investment Grade Bond fund, which focuses on investment grade hard currency bonds from emerging market issuers. The Luxembourg-based fund, which is benchmarked against the JPMorgan Emerging Markets Bond Index Global, will be overweight in central and eastern Europe and underweight in Latin America and Africa. The management fee is 0.90 per cent a year.
● CapMan has set up the Nordic Real Estate private equity fund investing in office and retail properties in Nordic countries over a 3-5 year period before sell off. The first closing, which took place on March 6, raised just over €50m, and the fund has an investment capacity of €125m with a final closure expected in 2014.
● Schroders will launch the ISF Global Unconstrained Bond fund next month. The fund will invest in best ideas across rates, foreign exchange and credit, aiming to achieve a risk adjusted return of 4-5 per cent over the Barclays Capital Global Aggregate Bond USD Hedged Index across a rolling 3-5 year period. Schroders has just rolled out the ISF Wealth Preservation US dollar fund, focusing on in-depth country and commodity research to identify investments across a range of asset classes.
● Daniel Stewart & Company is poised to bring out the Mercury Forex Currency fund, to start trading next month. Using a contrarian trading strategy, it will focus on short-term and intraday trading opportunities across a range of currencies.
● Miton Group will launch the CF Miton US Opportunities fund today, with the aim of beating the S&P 500 by 3-5 percentage points a year. It will hold about 35-50 companies in the Russell 3000 index. The asset manager is also launching the UK Value Opportunities fund, which focuses on the UK equity market.
● Sedco Capital has added two new funds to its sharia-compliant range. The SC Income fund and the SC Global Markets Sentiment fund have launch sizes of $100m and $150m respectively.
Get alerts on Fund management when a new story is published