UK rate rise in 2014?
From crisis management to managing prosperity. Mark Carney's job has changed as Bank of England governor, thanks to the strength of the UK's return to growth. Chris Watling, chief executive of Longview Economics, tells John Authers the growth could mean inflation and interest rates rise earlier than the market expects.
Filmed by James Macdonald and Rod Fitzgerald. Produced by Darryl Thomson.
- Alcoa earnings top estimates, but revenue disappoints
- Macron’s markets lift, Trump’s wall budget, DNA surprises
- Earnings focus, French election rally push Nasdaq to new record close
- Euro and global stocks bolstered by French vote
- French bond rally unlikely to last even if Macron wins in May — CapEcon