© The Financial Times Ltd 2016
FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.
The Financial Times and its journalism are subject to a self-regulation regime under the FT Editorial Code of Practice.
September 30, 2011 11:46 pm
Bestselling author. Deputy chairman of the party under Margaret Thatcher. Expelled from party for five years in 2000 and subsequently convicted of perjury. Not the party’s preferred cheerleader, but remains one of its most famous characters
● Don’t ask people to save, and then tax their savings.
● Pass the primogeniture bill before the Duchess of Cambridge has a child.
● Pass a law to allow you to turn left at a traffic light if it’s safe to do so.
● Pay prisoners who take an education course in prison the same rate as cleaners and kitchen staff, and give them a bonus if they pass an exam (GCSE/degree).
● Cut income tax to 40 per cent in the next budget.
Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2016. You may share using our article tools.
Please don't cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web.